• best-ent-doctor-nyc
  • best-ear-nose-throat-doctor-nyc
  • best-ear-doctor-nyc
  • best-nose-doctor-nyc
  • best-throat-doctor-nyc

Dr. Michael Burnett Specializes in Problems of the Ear, Nose, Sinuses and Throat.

As of June 1st, We have reopened our office and are now taking in office consultations.

An ear, nose and throat specialist (ENT) is a physician trained in the medical and surgical treatment of the ears, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck. They have special expertise in managing diseases of the ears, nose and nasal passage sinuses, larynx (voice box), oral cavity and upper pharynx (mouth and throat), as well as structures of the neck and face. ENT is the oldest medical specialty in the United States.



To Book Online Via Zocdoc:

Michael Burnett, MD

Doctor for Ear Ache

Many children and adults face the need for a trip to the doctor’s office for an earache. They can be quite painful and, in some cases, they can lead to infections that damage hearing. Though a family doctor can offer basic care and antibiotics, it is sometimes necessary to turn to a specialist when you are facing more chronic conditions, extreme pain, or a condition that does not seem to improve quickly. This is true for both adults and children. An ENT doctor for earache care can be essential.

What Is an Earache?

An earache occurs for various reasons and the term is commonly used to describe any type of pain in the inner ear. Generally, it can be a dull or s
harp pain. It can also feel like a burning sensation. It can occur in just one ear or both. Most of the time the pain will last a short time, but it can be an ongoing problem as well. There are various conditions that can cause this to occur including:

  • Otitis media
  • Malignant otitis externa
  • Swimmer’s ear
  • What Are the Symptoms of an Earache?
  • The symptoms may include:
  • Ear pain of any type
  • Fussiness from pain (common in children and babies)
  • Fevers
  • Irritability
  • Increased crying in infants

In some cases, children will pull on the ear that hurts, communicating the pain in that manner. In adults, the symptoms can include pain but also a loss of hearing ability.

The underlying causes of an earache need to be determined. This is when an ear, nose, and throat, or ENT doctor is often necessary. These specialists will work to determine the underlying cause based on the length of the problem, the intensity or severity of the pain, the location of the pain, and the physical features of the inner ear. Ear injuries and pressure changes can also be a problem. In some cases, such as when the pain is quite sharp, a hole in the eardrum could be the cause.

When you call an ENT doctor for earache pain, he or she will work with you find a solution to the problem. The key is to turn to these professionals as soon possible to prevent damage to hearing and to find relief.

Call our Manhattan, New York offices at 212-867-4813 for the best ENT in the area for earache pain and discomfort.

Leave a reply

Michael C. Burnett, MD

115 East 57th Street
(Between Park + Lexington Ave.)
Suite 600
New York, NY 10022