When is Sinus Surgery Necessary and What are the Benefits?
When should you decide to have sinus surgery and what are the benefits? Sinusitis is a common condition that affects millions of people in the United States. While most cases of sinusitis can be treated with medication and other non-invasive treatments, some cases may require sinus surgery. In this article, we will discuss when sinus surgery is necessary and what are the benefits of this procedure.
When is Sinus Surgery Necessary?
Sinus surgery is typically recommended when non-invasive treatments have not been effective in relieving the symptoms of chronic sinusitis. Chronic sinusitis is defined as sinusitis that lasts for more than 12 weeks, and the symptoms include:
- Facial pain and pressure
- Nasal congestion and obstruction
- Post-nasal drip
- Decreased sense of smell
Sinus surgery may also be recommended for other conditions that affect the sinuses, such as nasal polyps, tumors, and structural abnormalities that block the sinuses.
What are the Benefits of Sinus Surgery?
Here are some benefits of getting this type of surgery for extreme sinus conditions:
- Improved Sinus Drainage: Sinus surgery can help improve sinus drainage by removing blockages and opening up the sinuses, reducing the risk of infections and other complications.
- Relief from Symptoms: Sinus surgery can provide long-term relief from chronic sinusitis symptoms, such as facial pain, congestion, and post-nasal drip, improving the quality of life and overall health.
- Improved Breathing: Sinus surgery can improve breathing by opening up the nasal passages, reducing congestion and obstruction, and improving airflow.
- Better Sleep: Improved breathing and reduced symptoms can lead to better sleep, reducing fatigue and improving overall health.
- Minimally Invasive: Advances in technology and techniques have made sinus surgery a minimally invasive procedure, resulting in less pain, scarring, and downtime compared to traditional surgery.
Conclusion: Contact Dr. Michael Burnett at Ear, Nose & Throat of New York
If you suffer from chronic sinusitis or other sinus-related conditions and want to explore the benefits of sinus surgery, Dr. Michael Burnett and the ENTs at Ear, Nose & Throat of New York can provide you with expert care and treatment. We offer a range of services and treatments to help our patients find relief from their sinusitis symptoms, including sinus surgery, and we are dedicated to providing personalized and compassionate care to each of our patients.
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services, contact us at:
Ear, Nose & Throat of New York
Michael C. Burnett, MD
115 East 57th Street, Suite 600
New York, NY 10022